When it comes to nutrition, the easiest way to help yourself is to add vitamins to your diet. By adding more vitamins to your diet, you will help to make yourself healthier. You should add these things into your diet so that you can have all around good health and be the best you. Here are just a few vitamins that you should add to your diet and where you can find them.
Most adults are not getting enough calcium in their diet and they have no idea. You need calcium in your diet to maintain your bone mass. You should eat about 1,136 milligrams of calcium a day. Overall, this is not a lot of calcium, especially if you begin to add calcium rich foods into your diet.
You can find calcium in the following foods:
- Nonfat and low-fat cheeses
- Nonfat and low-fat yogurts
- Low-fat milk
- Fish and seafood
- White beans
Potassium can be very beneficial to your health. It is something that most people don’t even realize that they are missing. It can be very easy to add potassium into your diet, especially if you add in the following foods.
You can find potassium in the following foods:
- Sweet potatoes are slightly better for you overall, but they contain a large quantity of potassium.
- White potatoes, stay away from the french fries and eat a baked potato instead.
- White beans
- Lima beans
- Kidney beans
- Bananas are known for their potassium levels, and can be bought all year round.
- Peaches can also be bought all year round and are easy to find in any of your local supermarkets.
- Cantaloupe make sure that you are buying fresh cantaloupe.
- Honeydew this is a refreshing fruit that should be incorporated into your diet, especially during the summers.
- Yellowfin tuna
This is a nutrient that can help to produce lots of energy in your body. It can help with your muscles, your heart health, i.e. your arteries, and much more. Most adults do not get enough magnesium in their diet to sustain a healthy amount.
You can find magnesium in the following foods:
- Spinach is the ultimate health food, next to kale.
- Artichokes are easy to find and buy, as they come fresh and canned.
- Bran cereals
- Soybeans are a great thing to add to your diet. They are full of more than just magnesium.
- Black beans an easy thing to add to your meals. It can be found in any supermarket.
- White beans also another bean that you can add to your diet. You can throw these in a salad, cook them, whatever you wish.
- Brown rice
- Brazil nuts
Vitamin A is extremely good for your eye health. It can also help with your cellular maintenance. We need this as we get older, as our eyesight tends to wear out and our cellular reproduction slows down.
Vitamin A can be found in the following foods:
- Organs. This means organ meats like liver and kidneys. You should be incorporating these into your proteins if you want to have more vitamin A in your life.
- Sweet potatoes. These are much better for you than white potatoes, plus they can be used in many different recipes.
- Pumpkin. You do not only have to eat pumpkin in October. Incorporating this vegetable into your diet throughout the year can be very beneficial.
- Carrots are a great vegetable as you can buy them all year round. Carrots can be incorporated into any meal.
- Turnip greens. This may not be a vegetable that you think about eating regularly, but it has lots of vitamin A in it.
- Spinach. Another vegetable that can be incorporated into any meal. It may not be something that you like to eat, but take it from Popeye, it’s good for you.
- Fruits, specifically cantaloupes
Vitamin C can be very beneficial to your body. It helps in the production of collagen, which is a main protein in connective tissues. You should add more vitamin C to your diet as you age, since it becomes easier and easier to injure yourself.
Vitamin C can be found in the following foods:
- Red sweet peppers
- Green sweet peppers
- Sweet potatoes
Vitamin D helps to absorb calcium into your body. It can help to promote healthy bones and teeth as we grow older. You can get vitamin D through sunlight, but it is also important to get it through your foods. There is only so much vitamin D that we can absorb from the sun, so to make up for it, you should be eating the following foods.
Vitamin D can be found in the following foods:
- Swordfish can be bought either frozen or fresh in your local supermarket.
- Tuna, especially canned tuna, is full of vitamin D. Like many other fish, it is good for your overall health.
- Salmon is like the power food of fish. It is good for more than just vitamin D and should be incorporated into your diet.
- Orange juice
- Swiss cheese
Vitamin E can help to fight damage to your cells. It is an antioxidant, which is something that your body needs more than you know.
Vitamin E can be found in the following foods:
- Nuts and Seeds
- Sunflower seeds. They are easy to buy and do not have too many calories. They both good for your health and your diet.
- Almonds. Almonds are the overwhelming common factor here. They are so good for health that they pop up on almost every list here.
- Peanuts. Peanuts are just another easy way for you to get more vitamin E.
- Hazelnuts. Hazelnuts can be found in any supermarket and are great for your overall health.